Staff training has flown by, and we sure have learned a lot! Two weeks ago, our leadership team came into camp to formulate ideas and plan for the season. We then welcomed the entire summer staff into camp. Over 6 days, we covered a ton of topics, learned many new skills, and bonded together to create a positive team that will lead our campers through the journey of summer.Have you ever thought about what a camp counselor may need to know? Here are just a few of the many things we have covered over the last two weeks.
- How to detect and and put an immediate end to bullying
- Where to go when we have a storm
- How to create leather projects
- Where we keep the extra bed linens
- How to make s’more pie
- What to do to break the ice among campers
- How to check and use a harness, helmet and climbing rope at the rock wall
- Which words to use to help kids thrive
- How to find the legendary table rock
AND, most importantly…
- What an honor it is to bring joy and growth to youth through the summer camp experience
Check out photos from the staff scavenger hunt all over camp!
This week, we started day camp. Also, many of our staff this week have been in the frigid waters of the pool and in the classroom as they work toward Red Cross certification in Life-guarding, CPR, and First Aid. Other members of our team have been training on the ropes course, and still others have been trained at the barn. Talk about a well-qualified staff!
We look forward to using our skills and providing the best experience for your camper this summer. Come join us for 2012!